CRM 2013 On-Premise Settings

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Sean,

I'm trying to set 2 settings:
  • DoNotIgnoreInternalEmailToQueues
  • SetRegardingLookupEntityType
When I set these in an On-Premise 2013 Environment (Sys Admin, Server Admin & SQL Admin), the settings tool reflects the change has been made but it doesn't seem as though the changes are committed. I restart services & IIS and in the Web Client the Regarding doesn't seem to take my change etc., same with the other setting.

Is there an additional step and/or validation we have to do in an On-Premise scenario? The tool references PowerShell to validate, do you have a sample?

Thanks,

Jeremy Winchell
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Hey Jeremy,
I just found out last week that SetRegardingLookupEntityType is no longer supported in CRM 2013 (you may want to open a case to specifically ask for that) and I haven't found anything on SetRegardingLookupEntityType yet but I wonder if that will fall under the same category? I'm making some edits to the settings this week and next to remove the settings I know won't work from the utility to avoid confusion.
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Sean,

Thanks for the quick reply. So the SetRegardingLookupEntityType is no longer supported, I'll open a suggestion for that as it is a nice to have feature more so with the Outlook Set Regarding functionality.

Is it the DoNotIgnoreInternalEmailToQueues setting that you haven't heard anything on yet or do I have these flip-flopped? In the reply you listed the SetRegardingLookupEntityType twice.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Hi Jeremy,
Sorry about that, I haven't found anything reported on DoNotIgnoreInternalEmailToQueues yet, but it seems like that may fall under the same situation. I would definitely log a case asking for the bugs to be forward ported into 2013 if applicable.

The orgDbOrgSettings are applied properly but 2013 doesn't seem to be using them - I'll try to get an update out that removes the settings from the UI for CRM 2013 installations.
Feb 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Sean,

Thanks for the quick response as always, I've gone ahead and submitted a case for these two items. I'll also log them in Connect as well.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Did your MS Case prove fruitful? Did anything come of the enquiry re SetRegardingLookupEntityType? Is there any other way to achieve this?

~Steve
Apr 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Steve,

It sounds like the SetRegardingLookupEntityType was deprecated with CRM 2013. You can achieve a similar function in the Web Client with JavaScript and addCustomFilter() but it doesn’t change the behavior of the Set Regarding in the Outlook Client.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM
FYI - it has come to my attention that CRM 2013 SP1 - UR1 has addressed the request to enable SetRegardingLookupEntityType - this setting will not function prior to SP1 UR1 on CRM 2013 but it will function after SP1 - UR1 of CRM 2013 (version #6.1.1.132 and higher). I will update the xml and get the package updated in the near future.

Thanks!
Sean
Marked as answer by seanmcne on 2/25/2015 at 3:04 PM